Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Complex Autofill does not follow formula

I have a spread sheet - row 3 is a progression from 3-20 (3,4,5....19,20)
Column C has set values starting from row 6.
E6=E4*C6
E7=E4*E4*C7
E8=E*E4*E4*C8
E8=E4*E4*E4*E4*C9

F6=F4*C6
F7=F4*F4*C7
F8=F4*F4*F4*C8
F9=F4*F4*F4*F4*C9

if I use autofill by dragging across to fill columns G onwards the C7
becomes E7 then F7 thenG7 and so on, eg G8=G4*G4*G4*E8 instead of the correct
G4*G4*G4*C8 - same problem if I drag down - E10 becomes =E8*C10 instead of
=F4*F4*F4*F4*F4*C10.

All help gratefull received as I have have to extend this table in both
directions.

OS is XP Home - excel is 2002

Many Thanks

--
When would now be a good time to change?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Bob,

many thanks - could you expand on that a bit please - I assume you mean i
repce my existing formulas with a variant on your suggestion - how would they
look for say cells E6,E7,F6&F7.

Many thanks again

Andy Smulian
--
When would now be a good time to change?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=$E$4^ROW(A1)*$C6

and so on

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you put this slightly modified version in E6

=E$4^ROW($A1)*$C6

you should be able to drag it across and down and get what you want

--
HTH

Bob

"The Life Coach" wrote in message
Dear Bob,

many thanks - could you expand on that a bit please - I assume you mean i
repce my existing formulas with a variant on your suggestion - how would
they
look for say cells E6,E7,F6&F7.

Many thanks again

Andy Smulian
--
When would now be a good time to change?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=$E$4^ROW(A1)*$C6

and so on

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"The Life Coach" wrote in
message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob,

A huge thank you - I'll look up those symbols and learn how to use them for
myself now - again - many many thanks.
--

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

If you put this slightly modified version in E6

=E$4^ROW($A1)*$C6

you should be able to drag it across and down and get what you want

--
HTH

Bob

"The Life Coach" wrote in message
Dear Bob,

many thanks - could you expand on that a bit please - I assume you mean i
repce my existing formulas with a variant on your suggestion - how would
they
look for say cells E6,E7,F6&F7.

Many thanks again

Andy Smulian
--
When would now be a good time to change?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=$E$4^ROW(A1)*$C6

and so on

--