Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PK PK is offline

Default Want to turnoff the Auto Fill Option

Hi,

I dont want to use the autofill option, because when I am trying to fill the
formula either by dragging or by dobule clicking to fill the whole column,
excel is not returning the values with respect to the corresponding cell. It
is just copying the formula.

eg:

Column A Column B
----------- -----------
750.00 =left(a2,5)
150.00
350.00
450.00

When we drag or double click on the b2 cell it is copying the formula but
not the value. And that formula is returning the values like as follows:

Column A Column B
----------- -----------
750.00 750.0
150.00 750.0
350.00 750.0
450.00 750.0

But when I look into formula it is showing as =left(a2,5), =left(a3,5),
=left(a4,5) and so on.

Please help me.

Thanks,
PK
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ToolsOptionsCalculation tab, check Automatic

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"PK" wrote in message ...
| Hi,
|
| I dont want to use the autofill option, because when I am trying to fill the
| formula either by dragging or by dobule clicking to fill the whole column,
| excel is not returning the values with respect to the corresponding cell. It
| is just copying the formula.
|
| eg:
|
| Column A Column B
| ----------- -----------
| 750.00 =left(a2,5)
| 150.00
| 350.00
| 450.00
|
| When we drag or double click on the b2 cell it is copying the formula but
| not the value. And that formula is returning the values like as follows:
|
| Column A Column B
| ----------- -----------
| 750.00 750.0
| 150.00 750.0
| 350.00 750.0
| 450.00 750.0
|
| But when I look into formula it is showing as =left(a2,5), =left(a3,5),
| =left(a4,5) and so on.
|
| Please help me.
|
| Thanks,
| PK