Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel 2007 help please

Hi I hope I am posting in the right place,,,I am having a problem tryng to
calculate nimbers on Excel...what I want to do is say in column A i have over
200 different figures going down the page ..what i want to do is add 20% to
each figure without having to manually do it..is there a formula that will
allow me ot do this...It is doing my brain and I cant get my head round it..I
would appreciate any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming Excel 2003 or lower:

If you want the adjusted amount in another column, put the following formula
in the 2nd column and copy it down.
=A1*1.2

If you simply want to change all the amounts in Col A by 20%, put 1.2
somewhere on the worksheet, for example in Cell B1.
Hightlight cell B1 then select EditCopy from the top menu.
Highlight Column A by left clicking on the 'A' at the top of Column A.
From the top menu, select EditPaste Special.
From the window that opens, click on 'Multiply'.
Hit Enter.

--
HTH,
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful to you, please select
''''''''''''''''YES'''''''''''''''' at the bottom of the post.