Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Slow Respone to key strokes

I have a file that has slow reponse to my key strokes. It's a basic file (5
worksheet with 10 columns and 20 rows max). the file is 4,116 KB. Any idea
what would cause the slow response?
--
Thanks for any help!
Keith
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How many files / programs do you have going? How many background processes
are running (this includes regular AntiVirus scans and scheduled procs.)

Is it a network file? Are you the only one using it at the time or is it
multiuser?

"Keith" wrote:

I have a file that has slow reponse to my key strokes. It's a basic file (5
worksheet with 10 columns and 20 rows max). the file is 4,116 KB. Any idea
what would cause the slow response?
--
Thanks for any help!
Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't have any other processies running. I am the only person using the
file. Other files of a similar size work fien.
--
Thanks for any help!
Keith

"Keith" wrote:

I have a file that has slow reponse to my key strokes. It's a basic file (5
worksheet with 10 columns and 20 rows max). the file is 4,116 KB. Any idea
what would cause the slow response?
--
Thanks for any help!
Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For each worksheet, click CTRL_END. That will get you to the lower right
corner of the inhabit sheet block. I.e. The cell will be in the last row
that somewhere contaiins data and the last row that somewhere contains data.
Note that the cell itself might be empty.

Looking around in that row and column will show you what you really have.
Remember that a cell can appear empty yet have something in it, even if it is
only a space. Check the formula bar.

Have you run a virus check on it? Any macros?

What version of Excel are you running.