Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to do it in excel?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it in excel?

When I combine 4 cells into a big cell, and type in the formula.
This formula requires to key in Ctrl+Shift+Enter to activate the formula
function.
I can key in Ctrl+Shift+Enter within a single cell, but I cannot do it in a
big cell, which is combined by a number of cells.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to key in Ctrl+Shift+Enter into a
big cell?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Eric" wrote in message
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it in excel?

When I combine 4 cells into a big cell, and type in the formula.
This formula requires to key in Ctrl+Shift+Enter to activate the formula
function.
I can key in Ctrl+Shift+Enter within a single cell, but I cannot do it in
big cell, which is combined by a number of cells.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to key in Ctrl+Shift+Enter into a
big cell?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

You cannot use array formulas in merged cells.

Many people here recommend that you don't merge cells at all, since these
cause all sorts of trouble. Perhaps if you tell us why you are merging
cells, someone will suggest an alternative method, such that you can use
array formulas.