Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default TargetTitle as default Find What text

Why is "TargetTitle" the default Find What text in Find or Replace. It is
especially annoying when using replace because the cursor is put in the
Replace With field. Why would I want to find "TargetTitle"? Is there any
way to change this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not when I open Find or Replace; I get "TargetTitle" (no quotes) in the Find
What field.
I am using Office 2003, SP 2. This occurs in only Excel, not Word or
PowerPoint.

"Bill" wrote in message
Why is "TargetTitle" the default Find What text in Find or Replace. It is
especially annoying when using replace because the cursor is put in the
Replace With field. Why would I want to find "TargetTitle"? Is there any
way to change this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel will remember the last parms that were used Find/Replace--either manually
or in code.

Excel will forget those parms when you close and reopen excel.

If you see that "targettitle" in the first manual Edit|Find/Replace, then I bet
you have a macro that's looking for that when you open excel--maybe in an
addin???

If you want to find the culprit, you can do some detective work to find out what
workbook/addin owns the code that's causing the trouble.

Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.aspx

And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.asp

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I searched the entire C:\drive and found TargetTitle in a file related to
S-Plus. I disabled the S-Plus add-in in Excel and now it's fine: the Find
What field is blank.

Thanks for the help.
Bill