Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default where is excel?

I recently purchased a new pc with vista home. I installed Office XP 2002
version that I had used on my old pc with XP. Icons show up for Word, Power
Point, and Outlook, but not for Excel. Seems like I don't have this now.
Where is it?

--
cddetelich
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Unless you selected not to install Excel (unlikely), the Excel exe program
is likely

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Excel.exe

In the Windows Start menu, choose Run and enter

Excel.exe

This will run Excel if the path (folder name) is in the Path environment
variable. If that path in not in Path, you'll need to include the entire
drive and folder name in the Run dialog.

You could also do a file search for "Excel.exe". That would turn up the file
name. As an alternative, you could open Word, the open the VBA Editor,
choose References from the Tools menu, scroll down to Microsoft Excel 10.0
and put a check next to that entry. Close the References dialog. Then, press
CTRL G to display the Immediate window, and enter:

?ThisDocument.VBProject.References("Excel").FullPa th

and press ENTER. That will display the path to Excel.

However you determine the path to Excel.exe, create a shortcut on your
desktop and/or programs menu, and use the full path to Excel as the target
of the shortcut.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson