Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to reduce the size of a file that contains pivot tables

I have a worksheet which contains a large 'raw data' tab - 100 columns by
19000 rows.
My 'raw data' tab already has a size of 20MB. No calculations or special
formatting.

I use this raw data to create multiple pivot tables. I only create the first
pivot from scratch and create the other pivots from my base pivot. This
usually makes my file size grow to 45MB.

today tried to overwrite my raw data with updated information, hoping that i
shouldn't have to recreate my pivots and only refresh them. I adjusted my
named range and refreshed the pivot and all seemed to be OK.
EXCEPT the filesize had gone up to 170MB.

I have no idea what caused this size increase and how I can overcome this
issue.
I just want to be able to use a pivot template so that i only have refresh
the data.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dag Monique

Is this useful for you: