Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Grouping columns

AI am grouping columns a B C and than I like to group D E F but in a
separate + sign excel 2002 merges all six columns under one plus sign , how
can i separate them ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

When you group columns A,B & C by default column D becomes a summary column.
To stop this click

Group|Settings and uncheck summary column to right of detail and then create
your group.

You should then be aable to create a seperate group of columns D,E & F.

Mike

"officegirl" wrote:

AI am grouping columns a B C and than I like to group D E F but in a
separate + sign excel 2002 merges all six columns under one plus sign , how
can i separate them ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mike
thanks for your answer but it does not work the way you said it it moves the
+ to the left but when I add DEF it mergers it into ABC