Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help me please!

Okay, a spreadsheet with two tabs. Let's say tab one has | UID | DOB | NOSE
SIZE | (for example), tab 2 has |UID| No of Ears | Nose hair |

I would like to take duplicates where UID is the same out of tabs 1 and 2
and put into a new tab with | UID | DOB | No of ears | Nose hair | so third
tab has all people from tab one and two which exist in both and a cross
section of information from tab 1 and 2.

Have I confused anyone?!?

Thank you all because you're bound to be much cleverer than I is.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Start a new worksheet
Copy the UID's (and a header) from the first sheet
and paste into column A of the new sheet

Copy just the UID's (no header) under that list.

Use data|filter|advanced filter (xl2003 menu system)
to get a list of unique records and plop them into column B

See Debra Dalgleish's site for some tips:
http://contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR

Delete column A (since column B has that unique list).

Then you can use a bunch of =vlookup() or =index(match()) formulas to return the
fields that you want.

Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes on =vlookup() and =index(match()) he
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html (for =vlookup())
and
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html (for =index(match()))

--