Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to I get text from one cell to apper in another

I have seen a worksheet set up so that when you type text into a cell and hit
enter it appears in another cell on the same worksheet. How do I set this up?

Also, I'm trying to insert a dropdown box with a simple yes or no option
with a large button. The box is almost like a button within the cell. Any
suggestions?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

AlandAnt

For your first question: place in the cell into which you want the input to
appear something like =A1. Where A1 is the cell you are entering the data
into.

Mike Rogers

"AlandAnt" wrote:

I have seen a worksheet set up so that when you type text into a cell and hit
enter it appears in another cell on the same worksheet. How do I set this up?

Also, I'm trying to insert a dropdown box with a simple yes or no option
with a large button. The box is almost like a button within the cell. Any
suggestions?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For the second portion, I'd consider Data|Validation.

You can read Debra Dalgleish's site for info:
http://contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just to add to Mike's response...

If you use a formula like =A1 to retrieve the value from A1 and A1 is empty,
then you'll see a 0 returned.

You may want to use a formula like:

=if(a1="","",a1)

Then the cell with the formula will look empty if A1 is empty.