Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Someone please help me

Ok I have a nice designed excel sheet that I am using for people attending a
conference I am putting on. All the headers and everything are spaced,
labeled, and print setting are set. Now the company website provides me with
a csv file that I can download anytime of people that have registered for the
conference. How can I import the list and just update the excel sheet with
only new additions? The headers and everythign are all the same, but just
want it to add the ones that aren't already on the list? Is this even
possible? I ahve tried making the new file and excel sheet instead of csv,
but I am losing more hair then I need to on this. If someone could help me
that would be awesome.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

It's pretty difficult to give specific details about something like this, but
as a general approach, I would proceed as follows:
1-Convert the CSV file to an Excel one
2-Copy and paste the CSV data to the bottom of my permanent list
3-Sort the permanent list on a unique attendee identifier, such as a
registration number column....thereby putting duplicate rows together.
4-Delete the duplicate rows, by hand if there are not many, or by a macro if
there are many.

hth, and post back if you need help with any of the steps.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3