Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Double Underline in excel

I have set up an icon to double underline a cell in Excel. However, when I
click on the icon, a sigle line appears. I tried deleting and restoring the
icon and it did not work. The only way I can get it to work is by using
format/border and then selecting the double underline. Is there a setting
that I am unaware of to prohibit me from using this the proper way?

Thank you
--
Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did you do it this way; right click the toolbar, select Customize, change the
left box to format, and in the right box about a quarter of the way down drag
the D with the double underline to your menu? if you did all of that, the
only thing i could think of would be that you might be using a font that
doesn't support double underline, try another one.
--
-John
is helpful.

"Paul" wrote:

I have set up an icon to double underline a cell in Excel. However, when I
click on the icon, a sigle line appears. I tried deleting and restoring the
icon and it did not work. The only way I can get it to work is by using
format/border and then selecting the double underline. Is there a setting
that I am unaware of to prohibit me from using this the proper way?

Thank you
--
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for the reply. I am using Arial as the font and it works on my
home computer using this. I went thru the process you discribed and tried
two different icons, one the dould underline and the other, the doulbe
underline with a "D" on it. Still doesn't work.
--
Paul

"Paul" wrote:

I have set up an icon to double underline a cell in Excel. However, when I
click on the icon, a sigle line appears. I tried deleting and restoring the
icon and it did not work. The only way I can get it to work is by using
format/border and then selecting the double underline. Is there a setting
that I am unaware of to prohibit me from using this the proper way?

Thank you
--
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Depending on the version of excel, it may be a bug:

Here's a thread that suggests a workaround.

http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...606A%40msn.com

Paul wrote:

I have set up an icon to double underline a cell in Excel. However, when I
click on the icon, a sigle line appears. I tried deleting and restoring the
icon and it did not work. The only way I can get it to work is by using
format/border and then selecting the double underline. Is there a setting
that I am unaware of to prohibit me from using this the proper way?

Thank you
--
Paul

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Paul

Check out this google search result. Some info and work-arounds.

http://snipurl.com/4w70

Gord Dibben Excel MVP