Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default data

data won't repeat names in column. example
A1=my name B1-B13 various data for me
A14=your name B14-B23 various data for you

how do I get my name in A2-A13 and yours in A14-A23?

it's never the same names or rows of data.

Thank you very much!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select column A and F5SpecialBlanksOK

Type = sign in active cell then point or arrow to cell above.

Hit CTRL + ENTER to insert formulas with the missing names.

You can then copy column A and EditPaste SpecialValuesOKEsc to get rid of
the formulas.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 20:07:00 -0800, Karel
wrote:

data won't repeat names in column. example
A1=my name B1-B13 various data for me
A14=your name B14-B23 various data for you

how do I get my name in A2-A13 and yours in A14-A23?

it's never the same names or rows of data.

Thank you very much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Record a macro whilst doing the steps.

Gord