Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel formula

how do i put more than one formula into a cell?

how do i seperate them from one another?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A cell cannot contain two formulas -- only a single formula can reside in a
cell. However, a single formula can be designed to do multiple tasks. For
example,

=IF(A1=1, formula_1, IF(A1=2, formula_2, formula_3))

will evaluate formula_1 2 or 3 depending on the value of A1. Perhaps you
could provide some additional information about what you are trying to
accomplish.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"vtguy09" wrote in message
how do i put more than one formula into a cell?

how do i seperate them from one another?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you can explain what you try to achieve?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"vtguy09" wrote in message ...
| how do i put more than one formula into a cell?
|
| how do i seperate them from one another?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

i have a drop down menu and when you select a drop down i want a message to
appear in the next cell which is working with one function but i have not
been able to combine two together.

"vtguy09" wrote in message
how do i put more than one formula into a cell?

how do i seperate them from one another?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A formula can only affect the cell it is in; that is, it can't set a value
in some other cell. So, if I correctly understand what you want to do, you
will have to put a formula in that "next cell" which looks at what was
selected from the drop down (in other words, what the value is of that cell)
and sets its own value accordingly. You still haven't given us enough
information for a more complete answer, but the information Chip posted
should be of some help in creating the formula for that "next cell".

Rick