Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pausing formula evaluations in Excel 2007

Hello, I'm working in a quite large Excel document with rather
resource-intensive formulae. I want to be able to first enter all the
input values before I start the evaluation - otherwise, I would have to
wait around 60 seconds between each field I enter data in.

Is it possible to pause the evaluation of the Excel workbook with some
sort of toggle switch, so I can enter the values before the evaluation
continues?

Regards,
Nils Magnus
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You can set the calculation to manual, then hit F9 key when you want to
re-calculate!

Regards!
Jean-Guy

"Nils Magnus" wrote:

Hello, I'm working in a quite large Excel document with rather
resource-intensive formulae. I want to be able to first enter all the
input values before I start the evaluation - otherwise, I would have to
wait around 60 seconds between each field I enter data in.

Is it possible to pause the evaluation of the Excel workbook with some
sort of toggle switch, so I can enter the values before the evaluation
continues?

Regards,
Nils Magnus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

On the Formulas Tab, look at the last Group - Calculation.

--

Regards
Roger Govier