Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Validate cell equality by conditional fill problem

Column G has numerical values, from keyboard input.
Column H has computed values
=SUM(I4161:Z4161) which is repeated and
incremented down through the rows, from
row 3.
=SUM(I4162:Z4162) etc.
I want a conditional fill if the computed
value in column H does not equal the
value in column G.
All values are integers.
A simple data vaildation problem, if
one cell that should have a value is
missed, the =SUM cell turns red, because
the computed value in H does not equal the
value in G.
Have tried several way, for a pair of cells,
the copy paste format down through the range.
Selecting columns G and H and tring to
conditional format, am I missing something?
It's Excel 2007.
Thanks for any replies.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

In conditional formatting you'll need to make the column reference absolute
(=$G1<$H1).

Regards!
Jean-Guy

" wrote:

Column G has numerical values, from keyboard input.
Column H has computed values
=SUM(I4161:Z4161) which is repeated and
incremented down through the rows, from
row 3.
=SUM(I4162:Z4162) etc.
I want a conditional fill if the computed
value in column H does not equal the
value in column G.
All values are integers.
A simple data vaildation problem, if
one cell that should have a value is
missed, the =SUM cell turns red, because
the computed value in H does not equal the
value in G.
Have tried several way, for a pair of cells,
the copy paste format down through the range.
Selecting columns G and H and tring to
conditional format, am I missing something?
It's Excel 2007.
Thanks for any replies.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 1-Dec-2007, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:

In that case maybe =ROUND($H1,0)<$G1 depending upon DP in column G

Many thanks, it needed the ROUND to work, even though all the
values were entered in integers.