Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula or value

Is there a formula I can use to check if the value in another cell is an
actual value or a formula that generates a value?

In column "E", I have about 1,000 rows of values. Some of these values
have been typed in and some have a VLOOKUP formula that generates the value.

I am looking for a formula that I can put in column F that will tell me if
the value in E is a VLOOKUP formula or not ...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mike,

The simplest way is to tap Ctrl+`
(which is the button just left of 1 on your keyboard)

That will display all of your formulas so as to see
what is happening.

If you are looking for something more than that
post more detail.

HTH
Martin

"Mike D." wrote in message
Is there a formula I can use to check if the value in another cell is an
actual value or a formula that generates a value?

In column "E", I have about 1,000 rows of values. Some of these values
have been typed in and some have a VLOOKUP formula that generates the
value.

I am looking for a formula that I can put in column F that will tell me if
the value in E is a VLOOKUP formula or not ...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about an alternative.

Select column E
Edit|goto|special
check Formulas and ok
Now only the formulas are selected.
Give them a nice fill color

You could do the same with Constants if you wanted to color them instead.

--

Dave Peterson