Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Workbook Tabs?

Wondering if there is anything in the works for Workbook Tabs similar to
IE7.0 Tabs feature, so I don't have to continually minimize and maximize the
various workbooks I have open at once. Anything like that currently
available or planned?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you open your workbooks in a single instance of Excel, then its just:

Window click to select
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200759

"swam.utty" wrote:

Wondering if there is anything in the works for Workbook Tabs similar to
IE7.0 Tabs feature, so I don't have to continually minimize and maximize the
various workbooks I have open at once. Anything like that currently
available or planned?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

swam. utty,

(I'm assuming you are using a Windows machine)
An easy keyboard shortcut to swtich between workbooks, [Ctrl] + [Tab] will
cycle through all open workbooks in order (If you have 5 open, each press
will cycle through them from the 1st one to the 5th one and then go back to
the 1st one).

If you want a keyboard shortcut to toggle between 2 of the 5 open, then you
can select the 1st one you want, then the second one, then use [Alt] + [Tab]
to toggle between the 2 ("Group similar taskbar buttons" needs to be turned
off--Right-click taskbarpropertiesGroup similar taskbar buttons (Win XP)).

[Alt] + [Tab] is Windows KB shortcut to switch among programs. Windows
knows the order you've used all of your open programs (If "Group similar..."
is turned off, Windows will treat each open workbook kinda like a separte
program). Hold down [Alt] and press [Tab] once, then release [Alt], Win
will switch from the current program to your last used program. Hold [Alt],
press [Tab] twice, release [Alt], Win will switch from current to the
2nd-to-last used program. Etc, etc, etc...

HTH,

Conan

"swam.utty" wrote in message
Wondering if there is anything in the works for Workbook Tabs similar to
IE7.0 Tabs feature, so I don't have to continually minimize and maximize
the
various workbooks I have open at once. Anything like that currently
available or planned?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gary and Conan, thanks. I guess that works, but the point of Tabs is that
you can see the multiple sheets you have open without having to cycle through
them all. I happen to have a shoirt memory, and I leave the sheet open for
long periods and am frquently closing one of the, say, 10 and opening
another, so the list changes. Tabs would really be the best Tabs option and
works great with web pages. Was hoping it would work here too. I suggest it
as a future "option". Till then I'll probably use either of your
recommendations. Thanks again!

"swam.utty" wrote in message
Wondering if there is anything in the works for Workbook Tabs similar to
IE7.0 Tabs feature, so I don't have to continually minimize and maximize
the
various workbooks I have open at once. Anything like that currently
available or planned?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have a COM Add-In that will display a command bar with the open workbooks
listed. Not quite a tabbed solution, but you might find it useful. You can
use it as a floating command bar or dock it on any
edge of the Excel window.

See www.cpearson.com/Excel/WorkbookCommandBar.aspx

--
Cordially,