Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Search for 6 Character value

Hi, I am trying to design a macro that will search for values in a column
that are 6 characters long. Data is text that looks like numbers (downloaded
from a mainframe). I tried using a search with 6 *'s but it just returned
everything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Marc
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about searching for ?????? (6 question marks)
* means any set of characters
? a single character

Make sure you specify lookat:=xlwhole in your code.

--

Dave Peterson