Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Empty status bar

One of our users has a status bar which is completely empty, there is no
auto-filter or even ready written on it. I have right-clicked on the bar and
tried every single option, but none appears. I have modified the calculation
option, and nothing appears. I am at a loss as to what to do. I open the
same spreadsheet on my computer and the count is there when I filter a column.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Jeannie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've tried everything appearing on that link and nothing works since the
status bar does not give any information at all, this seems to work only if
the status bar has a mention such as ready or autofilter on it.
Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

"Jeannie" wrote in message
One of our users has a status bar which is completely empty, there is no
auto-filter or even ready written on it. I have right-clicked on the bar
and
tried every single option, but none appears. I have modified the
calculation
option, and nothing appears. I am at a loss as to what to do. I open the
same spreadsheet on my computer and the count is there when I filter a
column.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Jeannie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jeannie

try
ToolsOptionsViewcheck Status Bar

--

Regards
Roger Govier

"Jeannie" wrote in message
One of our users has a status bar which is completely empty, there is
no
auto-filter or even ready written on it. I have right-clicked on the
bar
and
tried every single option, but none appears. I have modified the
calculation
option, and nothing appears. I am at a loss as to what to do. I open
the
same spreadsheet on my computer and the count is there when I filter a
column.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Jeannie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have this problem too.

It's where Excel does an autosum to the left of the numlock indicator on the
status bar.

Although I right click on the area and choose and option it still doesn't do
an autosum.

Stuart