Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default total print area

Hello. Is there a way to total only the print area you've selected. IE.
Though you may have a running total of the whole sheet, I just want the total
of the area I selected to print. I would like a way that doesn't require me
to have to change the formula each time i select certain lines to print.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Brie Cheese,

Try this formula:

=SUM(Print_Area)

When you set a Print Area, XL names the range you set as the print area
"Print_Area". Just in case you did not know this, you can use Named Ranges
in formulas just like you can use cell refferences.

HTH,

Conan

"Brie Cheese" <Brie wrote in message
Hello. Is there a way to total only the print area you've selected. IE.
Though you may have a running total of the whole sheet, I just want the
total
of the area I selected to print. I would like a way that doesn't require
me
to have to change the formula each time i select certain lines to print.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Conan, that was something i didn't know. But what i really want is i
am selected a range of column from a chart and i would like to the total from
each column i selected and not from the whole chart.