Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Getpivotdata

I want to use GETPIVOTDATA to pick from a table in which the first column is
a state designator and is not repeated in every record - is this feasible?
I will use the state designator and a code (from the second column of the
Pivot table) to give me the correct premium rate to be applied using MATCH
and INDEX

But I'm striking out on getting the state in any row other than the one it
shows up in ...

My brainbox is fired on this
Dai Evans
Laguna Beach, CA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The row labels only appear once, and there's no setting you can change
to make them appear in every row.

However, the GetPivotData function will return the specified value, even
when the labels are not in the worksheet row that contains the value.

Did you try a formula? What problems did you encounter?

David Morris Evans wrote:
I want to use GETPIVOTDATA to pick from a table in which the first column is
a state designator and is not repeated in every record - is this feasible?
I will use the state designator and a code (from the second column of the
Pivot table) to give me the correct premium rate to be applied using MATCH
and INDEX

But I'm striking out on getting the state in any row other than the one it
shows up in ...

My brainbox is fired on this

Debra Dalgleish
Contextures