Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need help in excel

I am making this excel document and i have data on one sheet but want to
bring it over to sheet 2 to make it neater. when i try to enter in a formula
that will pull like from every 48th line it doesnt want to work. i tried =B2
then the next line =B50 and then tried pulling it down but it wanted to add 3
to each one. I tried =B(2+48) but that just doesnt even work. I know the
basics of excel and can get myself around but this seems to be pretty complex
stuff and im sure there is a way around this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have a look at the OFFSET or INDIRECT functions in Excel Help.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 29, 6:29 pm, lil_reeper
wrote:
I am making this excel document and i have data on one sheet but want to
bring it over to sheet 2 to make it neater. when i try to enter in a formula
that will pull like from every 48th line it doesnt want to work. i tried =B2
then the next line =B50 and then tried pulling it down but it wanted to add 3
to each one. I tried =B(2+48) but that just doesnt even work. I know the
basics of excel and can get myself around but this seems to be pretty complex
stuff and im sure there is a way around this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You hit that right on the spot. I had to vary it to
=INDIRECT("Sheet1!B"&(P9)*48+2) and the column P had numbers but I don't
think i could have even gotten close without your advice. thanks a lot.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

try this idea

=INDIRECT("Sheet1!b"&ROW(A1)*48)

--