Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Would like to sort data in spreadsheet with empty cells

I am using Excel 2002, and would like to sort an area (colums B thru AD and
rows 7 thru 22). The data is set up as follows:

Column B Column C Column D etc.

Row 7 Nielsen Sarah
Row 8 Missing info
Row 9 Missing signature
Row 10 Smith John
Row 11 Need follow-up
Row 12 Doe Susan
etc.

The following rows may or may not have any information in them.

I am trying to sort the data by column B (last name) and have the remaining
columns follow. My problem is that the rows with nothing in them will sort to
the end of the tabel and that is not right.

Can I do this in any way?

PS. I am a novice, and have tried looking at some of the answers but did not
quite get the answers as they were mostly in programming - will it be
possible to get an answer for dummies? :)

Anja
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Anja,
Here is a technique from John Walkenbach that prepares the data so
it can be sorted... http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip040.htm
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Anja"
wrote in message
[...]

-- Regards,
Anja
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the quick responce, unfortunately I am having some problems with
the process.

When I click the BLANKS option I have to click OK and then the screen
disappears. Where should I write the =B17? (That would be step # 5).

Anja

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you so much for your help!