Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Liz Liz is offline

Default Text Search in Excel

Hi,

I'm setting up a spreadsheet that includes mainly text information in
topics, sub-topics and low level detail. eg. topic - telephony, sub-topic -
IVR, low level - policy. How do I set up a search or LOOKUP function that
will allow users to search for this (info on many different worksheets). I
know it's probably not the best application to use but am stuck with using
excel really so any help on how to set up would be great (as you can see I'm
a novice!)
--
Liz
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way to find one item. For more that one find, look in the vba help index
for FINDNEXT

Sub findtext()
what = InputBox("Enter text to find")
On Error Resume Next
For Each ws In Worksheets
Set c = ws.Cells.Find(what, LookIn:=xlValues, lookat:=xlWhole)
If Not c Is Nothing Then
ws.Select
c.Select
Exit For