Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Zero Appears

I have this formula in a cell on my spreadsheet:
=IF(C26F29,"OVERWEIGHT"," ")
Problem: A "0" (zero) appears in the cell regardless of whether the answer
is TRUE or FALSE. What gives?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The first thing I would look at is the number formatting of the cell. Select
the cell, then go to the Format menu, choose Cells, click the Number tab,
and see how the cell is formatted. Try changing the format to General.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"reed0427" wrote in message
I have this formula in a cell on my spreadsheet:
=IF(C26F29,"OVERWEIGHT"," ")
Problem: A "0" (zero) appears in the cell regardless of whether the answer
is TRUE or FALSE. What gives?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ed ed is offline

On Nov 28, 8:12 pm, reed0427
wrote:
I have this formula in a cell on my spreadsheet:
=IF(C26F29,"OVERWEIGHT"," ")
Problem: A "0" (zero) appears in the cell regardless of whether the answer
is TRUE or FALSE. What gives?

I just did it and it works regardless of what the cell is formatted.

ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ah, problem discovered. I had an
error in a related cell. Thanks guys!