Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to remove merged cells

Hi,

Can any one clarify how to remove merged cells, autofit the data and center
align the contents by having a formula.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Srikanth" wrote in message

Can any one clarify how to remove merged cells, autofit the data and
center
align the contents by having a formula.

Thanks in advance

You can't do these things with a formula. Formulas do calculations. To
change merging, autofit and alignment automatically would need a macro.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Stephen,

I tried with a macro, but I failed as the sheet which i pull from software
does not contain same text/rows/columns every time, it changes from time to
time. For example: In the first report, If B & C columns are merged in one
sheet, In the second report other cells willl be merged. I wanna get rid of
these merged cells and for remaining (i.e., autofit, center alignment and
wrap text) I can run a macro.
Can u suggest me how to use the formula by using macro.

It would be of great use for me.
Thanks in advance...

"Stephen" wrote:

"Srikanth" wrote in message

Can any one clarify how to remove merged cells, autofit the data and
center
align the contents by having a formula.

Thanks in advance

You can't do these things with a formula. Formulas do calculations. To
change merging, autofit and alignment automatically would need a macro.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am no expert with macros so will not attempt a direct reply. However, you
can remove all merged cells by selecting the whole worksheet (click the box
at the intersection of row numbers and column letters) and using
Format Cells Alignment tab
Uncheck "Merge cells" and click OK.

"Stephen" wrote:

"Srikanth" wrote in message

Can any one clarify how to remove merged cells, autofit the data and
center
align the contents by having a formula.

Thanks in advance

You can't do these things with a formula. Formulas do calculations. To
change merging, autofit and alignment automatically would need a macro.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Right click the sheet tab, view code and paste this in.

Sub demergency()
With Selection
.MergeCells = False
.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
.EntireColumn.AutoFit
End With
End Sub

Select your range and run the code.

Mike

"Srikanth" wrote:

Hi,

Can any one clarify how to remove merged cells, autofit the data and center
align the contents by having a formula.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Stephen,

I tried the below trick, but i could remove only merged cells and could not
delete them... any idea..

Thanks for support.

"Stephen" wrote:

"Srikanth" wrote in message

Can any one clarify how to remove merged cells, autofit the data and
center
align the contents by having a formula.

Thanks in advance

You can't do these things with a formula. Formulas do calculations. To
change merging, autofit and alignment automatically would need a macro.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mike,

Can u suggest me how to use this code as I'm not aware of VBA,
and can u please insert one more line in this macro to wrap the cells..That
will be grateful to me..

Excellent reply...

Thanks buddy