Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FL FL is offline

Default Macros

--
FL
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I cant seem to create a new thread so hopefuly This will work. I need
tocreate subtoals using macros and can not seem to figure out how to do it.
I understand how to use the shortcut keys but don't know what the next step
is. Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In xl2003, I'd start by:
Tools|Macro|Record new macro
Give it a nice name and store it in this workbook.

Then
Select the range
And data|sort (if you need to sort)
then Data|subtotals

Then stop recording.

Since you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at:

and
Tushar's Mehta site:
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/vb...acro_recorder/

I think that it'll be easier for you to record the macro when you do it
manually. You could be subtotalling 1 column or 17 or skipping fields. Your
recorded macro would get close than most guesses (at least closer to my
guesses).