Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Missing the trees for the forest...

I suspect this is a simple question for Excel 2003...

I need to take the highest 5 of 7 cells in a SUM function, or more to be
more concise, drop the two lowest cells and add the the top five.

I've been trying to SUMIF but I can't seem to get my criteria correct. I'll
happily wear the dunce hat for a day if someone can pass me the answer.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Nov 27, 10:29 am, Suddenly Stupid <Suddenly
wrote:
I suspect this is a simple question for Excel 2003...

I need to take the highest 5 of 7 cells in a SUM function, or more to be
more concise, drop the two lowest cells and add the the top five.

I've been trying to SUMIF but I can't seem to get my criteria correct. I'll
happily wear the dunce hat for a day if someone can pass me the answer.

I use the Large() function if it si only five. Large(Your Array, 1) +
Large(Your Array,2) .....Cont. to 5. This way no matter how large
your list gets, this will continue to work.

Jay