-   -   Formatting Question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/167442-formatting-question.html)

Stormy

Formatting Question

I have an Excel spreadsheet with currency.

If the value is $4.50 for example, it shows in the formula bar as 4.5 and
merges into Word this way. I have set my options to precision as displayed.
I have set my decimal places to 2. I have tried a custom number format.

Nothing is working.

any suggestions?

Thanks!

stevem

Formatting Question

Try using =TEXT(A1,"$#,##0.00_);($#,##0.00)") When the cell merges it shoud
see it as text $4.50

Good luck

"Stormy" wrote:

I have an Excel spreadsheet with currency.

If the value is $4.50 for example, it shows in the formula bar as 4.5 and
merges into Word this way. I have set my options to precision as displayed.
I have set my decimal places to 2. I have tried a custom number format.

Nothing is working.

any suggestions?

Thanks!

EricBB