Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to match between same numbers

Hi,
I have to columns, each one start from 1 to 500. the data is mixed (No. and
letters)
What I want to do is matching between the same data with a color or sort
them by each other and the unmatched date should be at the end of both
columns.
also, can those matched No. be color?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Let's say that you have column A and B on the same sheet.

Insert a new column B, then insert another column, so that your original data is in columns A and D.

In cell B2, use the formula

=ISERROR(MATCH(A2,D:D,FALSE))

and copy down to match your list in column A.

Then in cell E2, enter the formula

=ISERROR(MATCH(D2,A:A,FALSE))

and copy down.

Then sort columns A:B based on column B (the TRUE values are not matched). Then do the same for
columns D:E.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP