Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default To get a sum for variant currency values

Hi gurus,

I've been searching for the topic but found nothing relevant. Say
there's a column A like this -

EUR 100
USD 200
CNY 300
YEN 400

How can I get the sum of those values? The currencies were set by
"cell format" so they're not part of the text.

Any input would be appreciated.

Best, Yu
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You'll need to convert to a common currency before you add the numbers.
Download a current conversion rate for each currency to use in your
conversion.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ma...CE010737511033
talks of one add-in to do the job.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/lib...ffice.11).aspx gives
advice on using web queries.
--
David Biddulph

wrote in message
Hi gurus,

I've been searching for the topic but found nothing relevant. Say
there's a column A like this -

EUR 100
USD 200
CNY 300
YEN 400

How can I get the sum of those values? The currencies were set by
"cell format" so they're not part of the text.

Any input would be appreciated.

Best, Yu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you David but this add-in doesn't work for my senario because my
numbers are counted in thousand instead of only 4 cells listed. I
can't use that function one-by-one for all the cells. Is there any
built-in way in EXCEL?

Best, Yu

On Nov 24, 4:21 pm, "David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk
wrote:
You'll need to convert to a common currency before you add the numbers.
Download a current conversion rate for each currency to use in your
conversion.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ma...11033.aspx?Cat...
talks of one add-in to do the job.http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/lib....11).aspxgives
advice on using web queries.
--
David Biddulph

wrote in message

Hi gurus,

I've been searching for the topic but found nothing relevant. Say
there's a column A like this -

EUR 100
USD 200
CNY 300
YEN 400

How can I get the sum of those values? The currencies were set by
"cell format" so they're not part of the text.

Any input would be appreciated.

Best, Yu- Hide quoted text -