Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I retrieve data from zip file into excel?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve data from zip file into
excel?
such as following link
http://pitrading.com/free_eod_data/S.zip
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Eric

I have unzip code on my site for WinZip and the default Windows Zip program

See this section on my site
"Zip (compress) file or folder with VBA code"

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Eric" wrote in message ...
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve data from zip file into
excel?
such as following link
http://pitrading.com/free_eod_data/S.zip
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you very much for your suggestions
There are 3 choices, could you please give any suggestions which one I
should choose for retrieving data into Excel from
http://pitrading.com/free_eod_data/S.zip?
Thank you very much for any suggestions
Eric

Zip file or files with the default Windows XP zip program (VBA)
WinZip : Zip the Activeworkbook, File or Files with (VBA)
WinZip : Unzip to a specific folder with (VBA)

"Eric" wrote in message ...
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve data from zip file into
excel?
such as following link
http://pitrading.com/free_eod_data/S.zip
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I see it is only one txt file

Why not unzip the txt file on your system and use FileOpen in Excel to open the file.
The text import wizord will help you when you use FileOpen

--

"Eric" wrote in message ...
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve data from zip file into
excel?
such as following link
http://pitrading.com/free_eod_data/S.zip
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would like to retrieve the data directly from Excel through the web link,
rather than download and unzip the file for retrieving data, which require a
lot of manual process everyday. I would like to run a macro and retrieve the
data into excel automatically, which will reduce the workload.
Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you for any suggestioins
Eric