Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formating Excel 2007 cells.

While creating a simple finacial spread sheet in Excel 2007, with all cells
formatted for negative numbers to be displayed in red and a $. I took note
that numbers displayed as a result of a mathmatical calc. IE simple
subtraction, didn't display as formated. If the number was a negative it
showed up with a minus sign and no $. If I enter it with the keyboard it
shows up correctly, even in that particular cell. I hade to go back to excel
2000 to get it to work, and it does work as advertized!!! Microsoft bug?????
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Chuck,

How exactly did you format the cells?

--