Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Remove check box that came with web page copy?

When I copy a web page with a table that contains check boxes into
Excel, the check boxes gets copied into the work sheet and I can't
figure out how to remove them! The check box just sits there and won't
be deleted, even if I delete the cell that surrounds it. The same
thing sometimes happens with small icons, and I suppose it is the same
mechanism in Excel in that case.

Can anyone please enlighten me as how this works, so I can remove the
unwanted check boxes?

Per.

PS. Copying as text is not a solution, I need the data to be inserted
into columns.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

(xl2003 menu system)
Show the Control toolbox toolbar (view|toolbars)
Click on the Design mode icon

Select the checkbox you want to delete and hit the delete key on the keyboard.

if you want to delete all the objects on the worksheet, you can:
Edit|Goto|special|objects
and hit the delete key on the keyboard.

Don't use this if there are other objects you want to keep, though.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 23 Nov, 16:59, Dave Peterson wrote:
(xl2003 menu system)
Show the Control toolbox toolbar (view|toolbars)
Click on the Design mode icon

Select the checkbox you want to delete and hit the delete key on the keyboard.

Thanks, that worked fine!

I did not know anything about the Contol Tool Box.

Dave Peterson

Per.