Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel sales figures

I have a real dates in column A from 01-Jan-2007 till 31-Dec-2007
and in B column I have Sales figures for each date
I need formula to give me total sales figures for June only or July only
your help is highly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you tried a pivot table. Select Data - Pivot Table and follow the
wizard. Place the dates in the left hand column and the sales in the data
area.

Right click on the dates in the pivot table and select Group. Assuming you
have all dates with no blanks then it should have an option of Days, Months,
Quarters, years. Select the ones you want.

Everything is now grouped. There is more stuff you can do including
formatting and such...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"George A. Jululian" wrote:

I have a real dates in column A from 01-Jan-2007 till 31-Dec-2007
and in B column I have Sales figures for each date
I need formula to give me total sales figures for June only or July only
your help is highly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A1:A365)=C1),--(A1:A3650),B1:B365)
put the month number in C1, adjust to suit!

HTH
Jean-Guy