Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula

Hi
I am trying to work out how to create a formula that reads only entries of
"Open" in column A and counts instances of those with "Open" and a value of
over 10 in column B i.e. a value of 2 should be returned in the example
below. Can anyone please help

Cheers
Ross

A B C D
1open 11
2closed 11
3open 16
4open 7
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUM((A1:A6="open")*(B1:B610))

this is an array formula, enter it with ctrl+shift+enter.
change the range to your needs.

hth

carlo

On Nov 22, 9:23 am, HighlandRoss
wrote:
Hi
I am trying to work out how to create a formula that reads only entries of
"Open" in column A and counts instances of those with "Open" and a value of
over 10 in column B i.e. a value of 2 should be returned in the example
below. Can anyone please help

Cheers
Ross

A B C D
1open 11
2closed 11
3open 16
4open 7

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMB JMB is offline

another suggestion:
=Sumproduct(--(A1:A4="open"), --(B1:B410))
entered normally