Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Link text from one workbook onto another workbook

I am trying to find text in one workbook and copy it to another workbook. I
am creating a file that has information about certain serial numbers. However
i already have a different workbook that has some of the information that i'm
trying to input into my new workbook. I am trying to use a function so that i
can find a specific serial number from the old workbook and input that
information for that serial number onto my new workbook. I'm trying to use a
function because i don't want to be using the copy and paste command. I tried
using the Lookup function but it won't let me type in the serial number. it
just automatically puts the row number in which the serial number is in.