Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default help please!!!!!!!!

hi,
I have a worksheet with ten worksheets and in some of the worksheets there
are simple formulas and two worksheets with array formula.from a couple of
days age something is wrong with the file, whenever I put any data in any
cell after clicking ENTER , the "calculating cell ..." comes at the bottom of
the sheets and it's driving me crazy!.plz let me know how I can get rid of
the calculating cell... .I had some macro that was written by me but I
removed all of them.
thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check out this link

http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsf.htm
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"peyman" wrote:

hi,
I have a worksheet with ten worksheets and in some of the worksheets there
are simple formulas and two worksheets with array formula.from a couple of
days age something is wrong with the file, whenever I put any data in any
cell after clicking ENTER , the "calculating cell ..." comes at the bottom of
the sheets and it's driving me crazy!.plz let me know how I can get rid of
the calculating cell... .I had some macro that was written by me but I
removed all of them.
thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi Jim,
I've gone thru the website but I don't have any problem regarding the
circular reference or something like that.How come I didn't have such problem
before?!!eventhough I had many macros and visual basic codes!!

"peyman" wrote:

hi,
I have a worksheet with ten worksheets and in some of the worksheets there
are simple formulas and two worksheets with array formula.from a couple of
days age something is wrong with the file, whenever I put any data in any
cell after clicking ENTER , the "calculating cell ..." comes at the bottom of
the sheets and it's driving me crazy!.plz let me know how I can get rid of
the calculating cell... .I had some macro that was written by me but I
removed all of them.
thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Since you said you have array formulas is it possible that you have blow
through the dependency limit. It is easier to do than you think...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"peyman" wrote:

hi,
I have a worksheet with ten worksheets and in some of the worksheets there
are simple formulas and two worksheets with array formula.from a couple of
days age something is wrong with the file, whenever I put any data in any
cell after clicking ENTER , the "calculating cell ..." comes at the bottom of
the sheets and it's driving me crazy!.plz let me know how I can get rid of
the calculating cell... .I had some macro that was written by me but I
removed all of them.
thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming you have reached the limit then there is not too much you can do.
Usually this happens when you use XL more like a database than a spreadsheet.
My guess is that your sheets have very large data sets on them? The only
things you can do is to try to minimixe the number of dependencies.

1. Do not open other workbooks along with this one. The dependency limit is
at the application level and not the workbook level.
2. Remove as many calculations as possible. Perhaps have macros perform some
of the calculations and hard code the results into the cells.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson