Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I keep my numbers while sorting?

I am using excell 2003 and I am trying to sort my sales for the year by
column. I can sort fine however the formulas aren't moving with my sort so
some of my numbers are off.

Example:

A 5
D 7
C 1
B 8
E D+C

After sort

A 5
B 8
C 1
D 7
E B+C

This is really messing with the reports that I am trying to generate using
this formula so if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Nov 20, 10:34 am, New2Excell
wrote:
I am using excell 2003 and I am trying to sort my sales for the year by
column. I can sort fine however the formulas aren't moving with my sort so
some of my numbers are off.

Example:

A 5
D 7
C 1
B 8
E D+C

After sort

A 5
B 8
C 1
D 7
E B+C

This is really messing with the reports that I am trying to generate using
this formula so if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

I like to use the LIST feature that is new with 2003. Highlight the
data that you want to be sorted. Include everythign that you want to
correspond to it. Right click, choose create list, if you have
selected headers then select that option. Click ok. Now use the pull
downs to do all of your sorting.

Another thought is that you have $ in your formulas, so it woudl nto
matter where you move the data it will still refer to the original
cell. The dollar sign makes the formula always look to that row or
column.

Jay