Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formula help please

I have a list of invoices that have a colume of dates , then a colume of
amounts . I can conditional format it so that if its more than 30 days then
it changes the date to red. but is there a way of formating it so that it
adds up what is due?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Have a look here on how to sum coloured cells

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld....r.html#summing

Mike

"karen" wrote:

I have a list of invoices that have a colume of dates , then a colume of
amounts . I can conditional format it so that if its more than 30 days then
it changes the date to red. but is there a way of formating it so that it
adds up what is due?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assume your dates are in column A and amounts in column B and that you
have 100 rows in your range. This formula (in C1 ??) will give you the
total amount that is more than 30 days old compared with today's date:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100<TODAY()-30)*(B1:B100))

Hope this helps.

Pete

"karen" wrote in message
I have a list of invoices that have a colume of dates , then a colume of
amounts . I can conditional format it so that if its more than 30 days
then
it changes the date to red. but is there a way of formating it so that it
adds up what is due?- Hide quoted text -