Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Fix for "That command cannot copy multiple selections.".

How do you get rid of this error message when copying multiple selections
using COPY or Ctl+C. This error is forcing me to use Office 2003 because
the error is random and appears more often than not in Excel 2007.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you saying you don't get that message when using Excel 2003 and try to
copy/paste non-contiguous ranges?

I certainly get the message on 2003 and previous versions.

No workaround as far I know.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:01:00 -0800, Earl C. <Earl
wrote:

How do you get rid of this error message when copying multiple selections
using COPY or Ctl+C. This error is forcing me to use Office 2003 because
the error is random and appears more often than not in Excel 2007.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the selection is a rectangular range, or a series of areas that can be
mimicked as a rectangular range with whole rows or columns removed, then you
should be able to copy it, even though it's not a contiguously connected
range.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Earl C." <Earl wrote in message
How do you get rid of this error message when copying multiple selections
using COPY or Ctl+C. This error is forcing me to use Office 2003 because
the error is random and appears more often than not in Excel 2007.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have gotten the message in 2003, but the problem is driving me nuts in
2007. It seems to occur nearly every time I attemot to copy several items.
Thanks for the answers.