Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Rate sheet re-calculation

Every morning, numerous rate sheets are downloaded for company activities,
all with varying formats. I was wondering if there is any way to record a
macro that will replicate the worksheet with the values all having a certain
value incorparated to them. For examaple:

If a rate sheet read:

6.0% 99.500
6.5 100.000
7.0 100.567
etc.

Is it possible to transfer that to a new sheet, only with an addition of 0.5
to the values so it reads:

6.0% 100.000
6.5 100.500
7.0 101.067

If anyone can help me or if I need to elaborate further, I would greatly
appreciate it. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

One alternative play using grouped sheets and a formulated col which might
suffice

Assuming the data is in cols A and B, from row2 down, and that all source
sheets are identically structured

Click on the leftmost sheet tab, then while holding down SHIFT, click on the
rightmost tab. This will group all the sheets for the following actions ..

Place into C2:
=IF(B2="","",SUM(B2,0.5))

Copy C2 down as far as required to cover the max data extent expected for
any single sheet within the grouped lot. Then right click on any of the
grouped sheets Ungroup sheets. Col C in each sheet will return the required
results.
--
Max
Singapore
"TMc21" wrote:
Every morning, numerous rate sheets are downloaded for company activities,
all with varying formats. I was wondering if there is any way to record a
macro that will replicate the worksheet with the values all having a certain
value incorporated to them. For example: