-   -   Sub Totals (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/166424-sub-totals.html)

Henry

Sub Totals

I frequently use the Data/Subtotals feature in Excel.
After forming the subtotals, I would like to work on them alone without the
underlying data showing up.
Is there any way to extract the Subtotals ONLY to another worksheet and to
leave the Pre-Subtotal data behind so that it does not interfere?

Thanks for your help

Henry

Don Guillett

Sub Totals

You can use SUMIF or SUMPRODUCT formulas

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Henry" wrote in message
I frequently use the Data/Subtotals feature in Excel.
After forming the subtotals, I would like to work on them alone without
the
underlying data showing up.
Is there any way to extract the Subtotals ONLY to another worksheet and to
leave the Pre-Subtotal data behind so that it does not interfere?

Thanks for your help

Henry

Peo Sjoblom

Sub Totals

Select the range you want to copy, press F5, then click special and visible
cells only, now copy and paste. That will exclude hidden rows

Peo Sjoblom

"Henry" wrote in message
I frequently use the Data/Subtotals feature in Excel.
After forming the subtotals, I would like to work on them alone without
the
underlying data showing up.
Is there any way to extract the Subtotals ONLY to another worksheet and to
leave the Pre-Subtotal data behind so that it does not interfere?

Thanks for your help

Henry

Peo,

You are a genius.

That works perfectly. I have never seen "Visible Cells Only".

You solved my problem.

Many thanks

Henry

Peo Sjoblom

Sub Totals

Peo,

You are a genius.

That works perfectly. I have never seen "Visible Cells Only".

You solved my problem.

Many thanks

Thanks for the praise Henry, although I am not a genius it's good that you
post back to verify that the solution works

Peo

[email protected]

Sub Totals

On 17 ΞΟΧ, 01:20, "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
Peo,

You are a genius.

That works perfectly. I have never seen "Visible Cells Only".

You solved my problem.

Many thanks

Thanks for the praise Henry, although I am not a genius it's good that you
post back to verify that the solution works

Peo

Thanks a lot! You saved me many troubles!
:bow: :)

Marina