Janet

Default Converting from pound to kilo

I was wondering if there was a formula to convert a number that is in pounds
(i.e. weight pound) into kilos. For example, I have the number 4419lb and
would like the column next to it to convert the number to kilos
automatically. I tried the formula using CONVERT, but it does not accept the
cell name. Any other ideas? We are working in Excel 2000.

Jason Morin

With the number of lbs. in A1, use:

=CONVERT(A1,"lbm","g")/1000

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

I was wondering if there was a formula to convert a

number that is in pounds
(i.e. weight pound) into kilos. For example, I have the

number 4419lb and
would like the column next to it to convert the number

to kilos
automatically. I tried the formula using CONVERT, but it

does not accept the
cell name. Any other ideas? We are working in Excel 2000.
.

Earl Kiosterud

True, unless it's a number, with a number format code (Format - Cells -
Number - Custom): like:
General "lb"

--
Earl Kiosterud