Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I make Excel 2007 compatible to others on older MS systems

Whenver I send an Excel 2007 attachment in an Email to others, they cannot
read or sometimes even open the attachment, because apparently it is not
compatible with older Windows Excel systems. This makes it impossible for me
to send informartion in spreadsheet form to others who have need for it.
HELP!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

a) You could do a Save As and save in Excel 97/2003 format
or
b) they could download the compatibility utility from

a) is better since it will stop you using new feature that will not carry
over to them
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"DSMDR Guy" <DSMDR wrote in message
Whenver I send an Excel 2007 attachment in an Email to others, they cannot
read or sometimes even open the attachment, because apparently it is not
compatible with older Windows Excel systems. This makes it impossible for
me
to send informartion in spreadsheet form to others who have need for it.
HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Unless you are using some specific functionality that will only work with
Excel 2007 you can save the workbooks as 97-2003 format before emailing
them. Otherwise they can download a converter that will strip out the 2007
functionality from the workbooks and the workbooks can be opened
I would suggest that you save as 97-2003 format that way you will know if
anything will be removed from the workbooks

Peo Sjoblom