bmac

Default Toolbar Buttons

Our IT recently installed XP on my machine (yes, still using 98!). When
using Excel now, I can add buttons to the toolbar, but once I close Excel, I
lose the one buttons that were added. This was not a problem when using 98.

Is there a default Book1 page that XP is not letting Excel see? Or some
other problem?

Thanx!
--
bmac
Dave Peterson

Maybe you have a couple of *.xlb files fighting each other.

I'd do this to see if it helps.

Close excel
windows start button|Find|*.xlb
rename all the ones you find to *.xlbOLD

Start excel
make a change to a toolbar
close excel

windows start button|Find|*.xlb

Now you'll see where the "real" *.xlb should be.

You could delete that "test" *.xlb and move the one you want to the correct
folder. Or just delete all the *.xlbOLD files and just keep the one that gets
updated.

bmac wrote:

Our IT recently installed XP on my machine (yes, still using 98!). When
using Excel now, I can add buttons to the toolbar, but once I close Excel, I
lose the one buttons that were added. This was not a problem when using 98.

Is there a default Book1 page that XP is not letting Excel see? Or some
other problem?

Thanx!
--
bmac

--

Dave Peterson
Gord Dibben

One more thing to check.

Do you have permissions to save to the default folder where your *.XLB file
resides.

If not, Excel will re-build a new one each time you close Excel.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP