Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help with multiple If statement

In cell B4 I have a validation dropdown list of 4 titles. Title 1, 2, 3, 4.
In cell G-4 I would like a dollar amount to be placed in that cell in
reference to what is selected in B4. When I place =if(B4"Title1"="$110") I
can select Title 1 and have that correct dollar amount appear in the G4 cell.
Can I write a statement that will give me different dollar amounts for the
four different titles? Thank you in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=CHOOSE(RIGHT(B4,1),110,300,325,765)
or any other values you like.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200756

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If your titles are fed to the validation from the worksheet, then put the
values next to the titles. Then in G4 you can enter

=VLOOKUP(B4,$C$1:$D$4,2,FALSE)

Where C1:C4 would be your titles, and D1:D4 would be the amounts. Also
instead of hardcoding the numbers if any of them change you won't have to go
through all the different cells you've copied the formula to, you only need
to change the table.