Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating a Proposal

I am trying to create a proposal for our company. Sometimes the proposal
will be 1 page and other times it may be 2 or more pages. On the last page
of the proposal at the bottom (however many pages) I must have some legaleze
that exceeds 255 characters which is the max for custom footer content. How
do I force this text to print at the bottom of the last page when I am not
sure how many pages a proposal will be? Should I embed an excel document
within Word and handle it there? I have tried this and the excel content
that is not visible, does not print. Anyone have any suggestions on how to
handle this?

Thanks,

Kevin

BTW - I am not savvy with VB..... Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

considering that the "legaleze" you mentioned will be part Only at the bottom
of the Last Page - of your self-known proposal - may i suggest just to type
it in a cell at the bottom of the last selected print page...format it solely
along a fresh row.
so that the proposal with a legaleze note is integral with your worksheet
and not in a format-printing page footer options.

"kmwhitt" wrote:

I am trying to create a proposal for our company. Sometimes the proposal
will be 1 page and other times it may be 2 or more pages. On the last page
of the proposal at the bottom (however many pages) I must have some legaleze
that exceeds 255 characters which is the max for custom footer content. How
do I force this text to print at the bottom of the last page when I am not
sure how many pages a proposal will be? Should I embed an excel document
within Word and handle it there? I have tried this and the excel content
that is not visible, does not print. Anyone have any suggestions on how to
handle this?

Thanks,

Kevin

BTW - I am not savvy with VB..... Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could create a graphic with the legalese and print that graphic in the
footer of just the last page.

Using Windows Paint you can create the graphic about 6 inches wide by 1 inch
high or whatever will hold your legalese.

Code to print that footer just on last page can be found at Ron de Bruin's site.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#not

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 13:02:00 -0800, kmwhitt
wrote:

I am trying to create a proposal for our company. Sometimes the proposal
will be 1 page and other times it may be 2 or more pages. On the last page
of the proposal at the bottom (however many pages) I must have some legaleze
that exceeds 255 characters which is the max for custom footer content. How
do I force this text to print at the bottom of the last page when I am not
sure how many pages a proposal will be? Should I embed an excel document
within Word and handle it there? I have tried this and the excel content
that is not visible, does not print. Anyone have any suggestions on how to
handle this?

Thanks,

Kevin

BTW - I am not savvy with VB..... Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord:

Thanks for the suggestion, I may have to take this route. Is there anyway
to embed a scrollable object within a worksheet so that the user can put as
many line items as they wish into it and then at the bottom of the parent
worksheet place the formulas to return the results of data entered into the
embedded spreadsheet? Something like you can do in Access with subforms. I
would like unlimited line items as no one in the office is consistent with
their formatting, but I would like the calcultations, headers and footers to
all be the same. If I am not being clear, is there a way to post an image?

Thanks again,

Kevin